March 20, 2014

Nursing

I have absolutely loved the nursing journey Micah and I have had. I love how close it has made us. I love that those big cubby cheeks, squishy belly, and yummy thighs grew because of me. I love that we have quiet time together. I love being able to hold my baby. I love the cuddles. I love that my body gave life and sustained life. 

I have always wanted to nurse my babies but I never realized how hard it would be to stop. Micah turns one next week (someone hold me) and I want to start weaning him. I don't want to stop altogether but just cut back a bit. I have tried a few times and I just can't do it! 
 

The emotional bond is so strong and I just don't want that to be broken. How do I go about this? It stresses me out thinking about it. I get all teary eyed (ball my eyes out) when I think about it. 

This is more of a vent/ getting my thoughts out. But if you have any advice I'd love to hear. I know this can be a controversial topic so please only leave kind words.  

1 comment:

  1. I don't have much advice, but I will agree that I get sad thinking about weaning my 8 month old already. It's amazing how psychological the bond is (and I love that). My daughter has already started to self-wean a bit; she really prefers to eat solids and still nurses 3-4 times/day on days I work and about 6x/day on days I'm home.
    I wish you the best in this stage of the journey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!