March 7, 2012

marriage on my mind: Beth, dot...in the city

Good Morning!!
Today we have the lovely Beth here to share a bit about wedding prep and marriage!

Greetings Life Unscripted readers! I'm Beth and I blog at dot...in the city. I'm so thrilled to be here today and even more excited for Amber's upcoming wedding day. I always love the chance to share memories from our wedding day in May 2010. Here's a glimpse back on the big day...


My favorite part of your wedding day:


The weather and how everything seemed to be just perfect. We planned an outdoor ceremony at a neighborhood club with a backup plan to move things inside if the weather didn't cooperate. Thankfully, we had the most perfectly picturesque spring day for our New England wedding. Neither of our immediate families live in the region, so we were especially thrilled everyone who traveled to Massachusetts could enjoy a picture perfect outdoor ceremony followed by reception with live jazz music. I even got sunburned from the great weather!




Our wedding day was unique because...
we had several friends involved in the details of it. A dear friend of mine was our photographer and another did our flowers. It made the day even more special to have people we were close to do the music and emcee the reception.


Also, my veil was made from an outer layer of my mom's wedding dress. It was very special because my mother passed away when I was in college and we had saved her dress. Since I had chosen an ivory dress and her dress had yellowed a bit, the outer fabric with a daisy chain was perfect to be made into a veil. I also had a locket on my bouquet with her photo in it.




Advice for a bride planning her wedding...


I'll pass on the most helpful thing someone said to me, "keep in mind you are preparing for marriage, not just a wedding. The wedding will only last one day, but a marriage is for a lifetime." As much as it was a truly wonderful day having family and friends gathered from across the country, I am so grateful to spend every day with Brandon.




Amber, I wish you all the best in you wedding planning and especially in your marriage!


All photos by Meaghan Elliott Photography and used by permission.


Thanks so much for sharing Beth!

Be sure to stop by and say hi to this sweet gal on her blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!