March 14, 2012

marriage on my mind: Liz @ Behind the Scenes

hello lovely ladies (and gents) today we have the lovely Liz sharing about her wedding!
_____________________________________________
Hey ladies! My name is Liz & I blog over at Behind the Scenes! Of course when Amber mentioned anything regarding weddings, I was all over it! Seriously I loved my day, but I would definitely change a few things if I had the option.

One thing I wouldn’t change…
Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 209
My groom. With him, I made the right choice. I have no doubts about that! He is my best friend. After 6 years of dating we finally said I DO and it was the best moment of my life. Now 2 1/2 years into marriage & I love him more than I did on our special day. I’m serious. That does happen. If you work at it, this will be the most exciting & rewarding journey you will travel.

15A

Now for my favorite part of the day (besides having both my dad & step-dad walk me down the aisle), oddly enough my guests would probably never expect me to say it. The rain! Let me explain a little. All day, the skies looked great. Sunny & bright. But about an hour before my wedding they started getting dark. Me being the optimist that I am (sometimes) didn’t encourage anyone to gather umbrellas or make different plans. My wedding was outside. With no tent. As I was walking down the aisle, I felt the first drop. By the time I made it up the stairs and into the gazebo, it was a straight on down-pour. My bridal party was frantically trying to get under the gazebo. My guests were scrambling to find umbrellas. A family friend was trying to cover the photographer. It was a little bit of chaos. I was horrified. A little upset & a tad bit angry. I mean, it was literally raining on my wedding. Tough stuff for me, since I planned everything to the last detail.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 132

But, it has provided almost 3 years of laughs and memories that I wouldn’t trade for anything. Because what happened when the pastor announced us as husband & wife..it stopped raining, the sun came out, & a beautiful rainbow appeared.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 148-2

It was incredible. And now, I’m able to look back and declare that was my favorite part.

I think I can sum that up as the unique part of the day too. But as far as what I contributed to the uniqueness, would have to be our centerpieces. The MR. is a huge golfer. So naturally we had to incorporate that. And we did. But would you believe that nobody actually took a decent picture of them?

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 252

And the cake. Oh woman, the cake was love.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 256

And moving along to the things I would change. The very sad part of this is that I probably would change my bridal party. Don’t get me wrong, I love those ladies tons & tons. But when ya plan a wedding, things happen. And personalities are shown. Looking back, I would just have family. It’s easier. I think that’s something a lot of people will tell you though. When you look back years later, you want to be able to say those friendships are still there & strong, but sadly when you get married and your friends don’t, a change happens. Not necessarily a bad change, but a change none the less. You have to learn how to still be friends with a hubby expecting & needing more time with you.

Oh and I’d pretty much make it a destination wedding. On the beach. Somewhere warm. With close family & friends. And I’d use pinterest like there was no tomorrow to step up my decorations.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 519

My advice for a soon to be bride: don’t stress the tiny things. They aren’t worth it. Seriously. Your day is all about you and your man. Not you and your dress or your hair or the decorations. I wish someone would have told me that then. I think I would have enjoyed the planning a lot more if I would have just been genuinely happy that I was getting married to my man instead of fretting about ever little detail.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 394

My advice for the newlyweds: communicate. be honest. say I love you. trust. get away. (from family/friends). learn how to be together. learn how to solve problems, without the help of your parents or siblings. I think it is so incredibly important that you start from day one depending on each other for things. You are one now. You have made a vow to each other & God that you would do life together. The two of you. So do just that. Don’t let the opinions and problems of others find their way into your world. Just simply be husband & wife. Be best friends. And whatever you do, don’t say things out of anger. You will always, 100% of the time regret it.

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 249

Mainly, if I could tell Amber one thing to remember through this…keep dreaming about life after that wedding day. It’s only one day. When you wake up the following morning, you will be a wife. You will have the rest of your days to spend with your hubby. And you don’t want to start that union carrying the weight of wedding “day” problems!

Mike and Liz Bush Edwards 239 black and white

Thank you so much for letting me share about my special day! It’s so fun to go back and look through pictures & let those memories fill me with happiness! I can’t wait to follow along on your journey!

Congratulations Amber!

You can find me at these places if you are interested in learning more :
Blog / Twitter / Facebook
I’d love to have you visit Smile
_________________________________

thanks so much for sharing Liz!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!