July 1, 2013

shop my pantry :: week 1

please tell me i'm not the only one that stocks up on groceries when there is a good sale?
this little habit along with very giving grandparents has resulted in very full freezers and pantry
so i am challenging myself to shop my pantry and freezer for the next two weeks and 
maybe even stretch it to three weeks?!

the rules!
- in the next two week only milk / almond milk can be bought
- cook as clean as possible with the ingredients we have on hand
- use veggies that are growing in the garden
- be creative & go with the flow
- no eating out if i don't feel like cooking
 
i have found a few new recipes on pinterest that i hope to make.

so here is this weeks menu

monday - at my moms for canada day celebrations!



wednesday - create your own rice bowl :: a few different chicken rice bowl ideas here, here and here


thursday - tex mex mac and cheese :: using frozen chili and mixing it with homemade mac and cheese

friday - friends wedding!


saturday - crock pot chicken

so there are two cheat days but that's ok!
our lunches will be left overs from the day before.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this idea...I think I may be implementing it at our house as well :) Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!