March 6, 2011

Motions

Happy Sunday!

I love Sunday, it is probably one of my favorite days of the week. Sunday is the day to relax and enjoy. I like to be able to not let the hustle and bustle life get in the way on Sunday. I really enjoy going to church as well. Why do I enjoy it so much? Well I like being challenged, don't get me wrong some times the sermon is not always some thing I want to hear but some times it exactly what I need to hear so. For myself I find it is so important to be constantly seeking to be more like Christ and that is what church does for me, it gets me to check myself. Sometimes I get overwhelmed because I am human and fallen, I cannot be perfect. At the same time I would rather keep falling down than to fake that I have it all together. I don't want to pretend that my life is perfect, I want to be real. I really like the way Matthew Wests song Motions ties it all together.

This might hurt
It’s not safe
But I know that I’ve gotta make a change
I don’t care
If I break
At least I’ll be feeling something
‘Cause just ok
Is not enough
Help me fight through the nothingness of life

I don’t wanna go through the motions
I don’t wanna go one more day
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions

No regrets
Not this time
I’m gonna let my heart defeat my mind
Let Your love
Make me whole
I think I’m finally feeling something

Take me all the way
Take me all the way
Take me all the way

This song is so real. When ever it comes on when I'm listening to music, I always feel convicted to live I life that honors Christ. I truly do not want to just go through the motions.

Blessings,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. That song is totally resonating with me right now! Especially as Lent is starting. Thanks for following. Your blog is darling & I'm your newest follower :) I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!