February 8, 2012

marriage on my mind: luce

hello friends!
today we have our second guest sharing for
{marriage on my mind}
please welcome ashley!

Hey there!!! Hey lovelies! My name is Ashley Marie Wilson, I’m a wife, an artist and the girl behind Luce.





First of all...Congratulations to Amber, the beautiful bride to be! I am so excited for her and I was super excited to guest post. I'll be honest though when she e-mailed me, I had to write her back and ask her if she was sure she wanted my story... since it wasn't the big traditional wedding story. She said she did and here it is...



You know how every girl has a fairytale wedding in mind? I had the man of my dreams but never really the wedding part. Me and my husband wanted to married more than anything, we are people who don't like to be the center of attention and 100% prefer simple things. So what did we do? We got married just the two of us. And I couldn't have been happier.



Now that you have a little of the back story, the answers to the following questions will make more sense.




What was your favorite part of your wedding day?


Saying "I do" and realizing that I would get to have my best friend and love of my life forever as my husband...offically ; )





What made your wedding unique you?


That we followed our hearts and did what we knew we wanted to do. It was just us. There was something organic and intimate about that to me. I could really be in the moment and focus and then enjoy the rest of the day together.


If you could plan your wedding again what would you do/not do over again?


I wouldn't change a thing.


What advice do you have for a bride planning her wedding?


Do what makes you and your husband happy. This day is about you guys. Don't get lost in going over the top or trying to please everyone else. If a fairy tale wedding is everything you desired. go for it. If a quiet wedding of 10 people on a beach is what you desired, go for it. Whatever it is, go for it. There is no rule for what a wedding HAS to be, so be free and enjoy everything!


What advice do you have for a newly wed couple?


Never take each other for granted and enjoy every season you are in. This is the time of your life, soak it up and love hard.

thanks so much for sharing Ashely!
be sure to come back next week for more wedding and marriage talk!

1 comment:

  1. I tried my hardest to talk my hubs into eloping, but he wouldn't have it. I must say, I'm a bit jealous of people who do elope. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!