February 27, 2012

sponsor highlight day: Jen @ Arizona Russums

Hi y'all! I'm Jen and I blog over at The Arizona Russums. When Amber asked me to do a "day in the life" post, I was excited and overwhelmed all at the same time. I have been thinking about doing one of these for a while, but I have never actually tried it because my days are so varied. I could tell you what each day of my week usually looks like, but no one day looks like the other, which I love...




But I will tell you about my typical Tuesday because that's perhaps the most normal day of my week.

7ish - Wake up. On a good day, this happens at 6:45am, but good days are few and far between, and 7am easily becomes 7:15...

7:15ish - Brush teeth/straighten hair/put on make-up {on a good day the make-up happens in the bathroom; on a rushed day it happens in the car as I drive to school}

7:45ish - Coffee and Bible reading. I make myself a white chocolate mocha on my at-home espresso machine every single morning. I really don't think I could get through a day without these two things!




8:00ish - Leave for school. Again, this often sadly becomes 8:15 or even 8:30 and I pray on the way that I don't have to make any copies before class.

9:00onthedot - Teach my English 102 class to college freshmen. They are studying and writing about online communities and I love it!

10:00ish - Meeting

11:00 - 1:00 - Office hours... students rarely visit, so I talk to my office mates, answer email, and sometimes do homework during this time. Oh, and I always eat a lunch I bring from home. Preferably leftovers from Monday's dinner.





1:30onthedot - Class {as a student this time, not a teacher}.

3:00ish - Head to the gym on the way home. Workouts usually consist of 20-30 minutes on the treadmill, weights and abs.

4:00ish - Home to shower and fix dinner. I usually grocery shop on Mondays, but if I forgot anything or didn't go for some reason, I might stop by the store.

Evening: Fix dinner, do homework, catch up on the blog, hang out with husband. Stay up too late. Sleep.




So that's my life. It's a little crazy every day. On Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I substitute teach, but I usually don't know which school I will be at until the night before or the morning of. On Wednesdays, I have an evening class and then rush straight to our Missional Community. I am always switching between roles: college teacher, high school teacher, grad student, wife... but I love every second of it. I feel so blessed to be in grad school getting my PhD! Thanks for having me today, Amber!

Please stop by and visit! I'd love to meet you!
Blog // Facebook // Twitter // Bloglovin

xoxo,
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!