February 27, 2012

sponsor highlight day: Melissa @ Simply, Melissa Ashley

Typical day in the life of: Simply, Melissa Ashley



I am thrilled to be guest posting for Amber today! Although I don't find my life as interesting as say...most bloggers out there (at least it appears), I will do my best :) I am currently a student at Appalachian State in Boone, N.C. so typically my days revolve around school..more school..and just a whole lottttttttttta deadlines! Here's a little peak into my everyday world.



My morning typically looks like this...drool and all. I am not afraid to admit I don't wake up beautifully like they portray in various films and tv shows. What is not pictured is that fact that I press my snooze button for a good ol' five times before I wake up.





Typically I have classes on Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. so I normally look like a train wreck, but Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays I have "free days" which aren't so free. I normally spend my days writing articles, working on assignments, working on a campaign media kit for my internship and trying to fit in episodes of "How I Met Your Mother." (I'm currently on the 7th season! Finally gotten caught up)







My day isn't completely without a trip to my favorite local coffee shop, Espresso News! I also from time to time order a bowl of their homemade soup and when I'm really feeling wealthy a pint of beer from upstairs. Yeah, coolest coffee shop EVER right? In between procrastinating and remembering to squeeze in a meal, I always somehow make time to play Words With Friends. Yes, I am one of them. Nothing like a game similar to my favorite board game Scrabble, just without worrying about someone knocking the board over and letters spilling everywhere. Plus, WWF gives you less awkward moments when you think a word's a word but it's really not.







I probably have ten games going on simultaneously.



Other than coffee, checking on Noisetrade for new music and making lists of things I've already done to convince myself I've been productive, I like to add humor to my typical days to make them not-so-typical :)



Do stop by my blog and say a little hello! My blog is a little place to keep me inspired and focus on the little things in life when we get overwhelmed with life's stresses. I like to blog about photography, food, fashion, crafts and anything else that tickles my fancy. I absolutely love meeting new bloggers out there! You can also find me on Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest and Tumblr.



Thank you Amber for hosting me :)

All images via Tumblr

Sounds like a busy day!
Thanks for sharing Melissa
Be sure to hop on over to her blog and say hi!
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a lovely note!